Saturday, October 1, 2011

What is the maximum memory you can put in a motorola W510?

I have a motorola W510 and I wanted to use the mp3 feature. Why buy an ipod if I can use my cell phone. On the internet they say that the maximum memory is 2 gb. If so, why?|||I agree, and have largely given up my MP3 player for this reason.





I believe the limit is based on the processor speed in the phone. Larger cards require faster reading speeds. The published limits are sometimes a bit conservative (not always). You can try a larger card and it may work, but maybe not as well.





However, I work at Motorola, and I took a look at the User Manual on our Web site. It says your phone can take an 8 GB card - that's a boatload of music. I also found a conflicting source that said 2 GB but I was told that it was outdated. Do you have your user manual? What does it say? It's possible the phone received an upgrade and the key is which version you have.





I'll paste the link to the manual below -- see Page 10 . If you still have concerns, see if you can try an 8 GB card before buying one. Or, respond back with questions and I'll keep looking at this.

No comments:

Post a Comment